Looking for running tips? You have come to the right place.
So you have finally decided to participate in the next marathon being held in your city. Well, firstly congratulations. You should be proud of yourself for taking the big step.
However, this was the easy part – deciding to run. Now comes the hard part. Well, at least, for the beginning. Nothing to be scared off.
Starting your first run can be hectic, tiring, gruesome and not to forget, frustrating. The key is to take it slow. Do not rush into it or else you might just end up hurting yourself.
Take it from someone who has also just recently started running. When I first started, I couldn’t run for more than 1km – even that seemed a lot. But with time, patience and regular practice, I can now run for more than 10km. But there’s still more work to be done.
However, you are not sure when to run? Morning, afternoon, or evening? Read here.
So, what’s my secret? Nothing extraordinary. Just keep it simple and follow these 5 running tips:
- 1) Like I said above, take it slow. There’s a difference between pushing yourself and forcing yourself. Do not do the latter.
- 2) I am not going to lie, but your legs will hurt in the beginning. You will feel like quitting. You will question yourself, “Is this worth it?” My only advice is – Be Patient. Just get over the beginning hurdles and then it will be relatively easy. You will get used to it.
- 3) I would suggest joining a gym, once it’s safe to do so. Why? Well, because you will be running at a constant speed on a treadmill, free from any disturbance. Apart from that, you can also do other exercises to strengthen your legs. But if you can’t, no issues. Find a relatively quiet area and try to run at the same speed, or even purchasing a treadmill yourself and using it at home.
- 4) Training and all is good, but you also need to eat right. You have to maintain a proper diet; else all that training will do no good.
- 5) Most important, avoid injuries. Running for a long time can result in leg cramps and injuries to the feet. Do some light stretches before and after the run. Do not overdo it as that can also affect the muscles. Listen to your body and know when to stop. Remember, forcing yourself will get you nowhere.
So now that you some running tips, go out and start running. Take your first big step and, even if for just 5 minutes, run. You will be surprised after a few weeks that you can now run for 15 minutes and will be proud of yourself when you see how far you have come.
The team here at SPORFORYA is always keen to hear from you and invites all readers to comment, like and share.
Our mission is to play, learn and enjoy sports activities anywhere, at anytime, by connecting people and amateur sports providers all over the world.
We want to create opportunities for people to participate in local sports services, and events, while helping community organizations prosper and grow.
We would be delighted for you to sign up for more insights and articles sent directly to your inbox! Visit the blog to sign up.