12 Hours of Play Local
12 Hours of Play Local
What is it -
The “12 Hours of Play Local” is a unique Marathon style event, which requires the participants (“Players”) in the Marathon to participate in as many local sports as possible along the way.
There are 15-20 stages throughout the course of the Marathon, each stage is hosted by one of our partner local sports Providers.
Players must run or cycle to each stage, upon arrival they will participate in a game, class or lesson organized by the local sport Provider hosting the stage.
The Marathon is a 1 day event, starting at 8am and ending at 8pm, giving Players 12 hours to complete as many stages as possible.
Who are the Players -
As this is our Premiere event, the first of its kind, and in the interests of safety, there are only two Players in the Event – Dicky and Jonny, who are part of the Leadership Team at Sporforya. If all goes to plan, we will hold another Marathon in the winter, and open it up to others to participate.
Why are we doing this -
We are trying to make it easier for everyone to get into local sport, and in particular, disabled athletes. So, we thought this would be an effective and efficient way to raise money for the Challenged Athletes Foundation, and promote local sports Providers at the same time!
Where and When -
The premiere of our marathon will be held in the vicinity of Santa Monica California, on Saturday 12 June 2021. See the Marathon Course. On the day, you can follow the marathon live on our social media channels.
The Goal -
To raise $20,000 for the Challenged Athletes Foundation.
To raise $2,000 to cover the costs and expenses incurred by our Partners, who are providing the local sports at each stage of the Marathon.
How to Donate -
The Challenged Athletes Foundation website http://support.challengedathletes.org/goto/12HoursofPlay
Our Social Media Channels
How to Sponsor -
Meet the people who are organizing the Marathon
- Monica is taking care of the media and production. email@example.com
- Maggie is scheduling the route and itinerary. firstname.lastname@example.org
- John is managing the money. email@example.com
- Leigham is organizing logistics and equipment. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spencer is recruiting the local sports Providers. email@example.com
- Al, Shah and Harsh are promotions and marketing. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dicky and Jonny are participating and helping everyone else.